Thursday, April 3, 2014

Officially panic time…



Why? Because we are leaving our house in less than 24 hours and I KNOW we have forgotten something! I have made checklist after checklist—my printer even ran out of ink. OK, OK, not because of the checklists. More likely because I am fanatic about paperwork. I print out EVERYTHING. I print the airline flight information, the hotel reservations, calendars for our trip, car rental reservations. You name it, I print it! They could all be made into pdfs and stored on my kindle or this new computer.

Oh, didn’t I mention I got a new computer? I had a serious case of tablet envy and Randy said one too many times, “Why don’t you go out and get one?” So, on my way (!) to Sears to get some underwear I just happened to go by Best Buy and it reached out and grabbed me. I had already done research and knew that if I ever got a tablet, it would be a Surface Pro 2. Now don’t all you Apple fanatics start berating me about not getting an Apple. It’s just too difficult to transition all my Windows programs.

Luckily I am a little familiar with the new Windows 8.1 interface so I didn’t have that steep a learning curve. But I am NOT familiar with touch screens so that has been a really steep learning curve.

And the camera! That’s part of why I wanted this little gem but it’s not easy to get at. I did manage a couple of photos of Randy packing—yes, Randy does most of the packing. He admits that a website on packing that our daughter sent to us has changed the way he has been packing suitcases (for over 50 years, no less!).  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDn9l20NlWw . We are even still way under our weight limit! But not our bag limit: We’re OK on USAir (two checked bags each) but not on Turkish Air (one checked bag each, even though we’re going first class). So we’re not sure how we’ll handle our three to-be-checked bags. When we were younger, we JUST traveled with carry-on, but now, not so easy to do!

So back to the packing! This is what I’m planning on taking (sorry, can't figure how to rotate the photo when it looks right in Windows Explorer and Photoshop Elements, but you get the idea:













And this is Randy hard at work packing all that stuff:




I have one large suitcase and he has two smaller ones.

Well, tomorrow we're off to Phoenix on the first leg of our journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment